Role Of Civil Engineers In Society
• The main role of Civil Engineer is Land Surveying, Planning, designing, constructing, maintaining of the various types of the structures.
• To solve different engineering problems with the help of enough experience of field, numerical methods, laboratory techniques.
• To carry out soil investigations for the design of the foundations.
• To carry out the leveling and surveying and prepare map to fix the boundaries of the plots and to calculate the area and the volume.
• To fix the alignment of the various paths for making the roadways, railways.
• To carry out the planning & supervise proper the execution of the actual construction activity.
• To prepare the proper drawing, analyzing and designing the various types of the structures.
• To invite the tenders & to select contractor for the work.
• To carry out valuation of land or building for the purpose of finding its scale or purchase price or taxation.
• To fulfill the basic needs of the occupants by using fundamentals of the building planning & by the help of the various building materials.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF A CIVIL ENGINEERS
• Inspection of project sites for progress and that standards of sanitation/ safety/ design specifications are met.
• Estimating the quantity and cost of materials and equipment needed for a project.
• Supervising construction workers at building sites
• Preparing progress reports (to explain issues and progress).
• Designing energy efficient or environmentally sound civil structures
• Analyzing survey reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, and geological data for projects..
What Is The Responsibilities Of Site Engineers
• Setting out, leveling and surveying the site.
• Checking plans, drawings and quantities for accuracy of calculations.
• Ensuring that all materials used and work performed are as per specifications.
• Overseeing the selection and requisition of materials and plant.
• Resolving technical issues with employer’s representatives, suppliers, subcontractors and statutory authorities
• Quality control in accordance with IS/procedures method statements, quality plans and inspection and test plans, all prepared by the project management team and by